Related Local Groups
- Greater Fishponds Neighbourhood Partnership aka Fishponds People
- Eastville Park – this is the Bristol City Council’s website
- The Snuff Mills Action Group SMAG has been very active and has done great work regenerating the Snuff Mills section of the Frome Valley (they appear to cover the Wickham Glen area too which is between us and Snuff Mills, and has some interesting history too by the way).
- Stoke Park Action Group – This is a site run under the auspices of Lockleaze Voice but specifically covers the Stoke Park , which is also part of Stapleton
- Facebook pages for
Other sites of interest
- Steve England has an extensive site with many articles and photos relevant to the area. Steve also runs regular walks and talks on subjects close to his heart – from archaeology to natural history and even the occasional ghost walk!
- Greater Fishponds Neighbourhood Forums is the Bristol City Council page showing next meetings for :
- Eastville Neighbourhood Forum
- Frome Vale Neighbourhood Forum and
- Hillfields Neighbourhood Forum.
- The Frome Valley Walkway – particularly worth visiting is the Friends & Partners page to see some other agencies that would be affected by building on the Colston’s playing fields.
- http://www.fromevalleyvoice.co.uk/ – is an online newspaper that is also physically delivered to homes much further upstream ie in Winterbourne,Frampton Cottrell, Coalpit Heath & Winterbourne Down.
- Richard Irwin runs his own Frome Valley site at http://www.fromevalley.co.uk/ which is a mine of interesting and useful links.
- Completely unrelated except by name, did you know there is a group in South Gloucestershire called the Frome Valley Community Action Group? They are a group of Merlin Housing Society Residents that are active in the Yate and Chipping Sodbury areas. Unlike the action groups in Bristol, they get £10,000 every year from Merlin H.S. to fund various charity projects. It doesn’t seem to have a website but you can download this document which was produced in 2014 and read about them.
- Observing and protecting the House Sparrow wildsparrows.org.uk
- The British Trust for Ornithology bto.org,
- The Bristol Ornithological Club boc-bristol.org.uk,
- The Hawk and Owl Trust hawkandowl.org,
- Bristol Naturalists’ Society bristolnats.org.uk
- Natural England naturalengland.org.uk
- Somerset Wildlife Trust for nature events in Greater Bristol: somersetwildlife.org
- Biodiversity and geological conservation: circular 06/2005
- the Wildlife and Countryside Act (1981) (as amended)
- the Countryside and Rights of Way Act, 2000
- the Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act (NERC, 2006)
- the Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations (2010)
- the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF)
- the ODPM Circular 06/2005 and its Guide to Good Practice
If you know of a group or a link that you think should be included here , please send details using the form in Contact UsShare This